Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ginny's Zesty Fries

I want fries”, this is the first thing I heard this afternoon from the boss, my 3-year old son. Having less than 6 hours of sleep, my world was still a blur at 3:30pm. After TWENTY (20!!) grueling hours at the office, I have to admit I’m still beat. But being tired on a Saturday afternoon is a big no no for mom’s like me. Besides, how can you say no to those two small, chinky eyes staring back at you?

Instead of going to my neighboring fast-food chain that houses the so-called world famous fries, I decided that I’ll cook this one instead. Straight to the kitchen I went and started chopping those potatoes. After 25 minutes here is my zesty fries.




Did the big boss love it? Of course he did (lutong eh) :D This zesty fries are crispy and flavorful. Even the nanny loved it.. hehhehe..

So here’s a new twist to that good ol’ fries. Follow easy recipe below:

2 large potatoes
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 T chicken flavoring mix (any will do, I used crispy fry)
dry italian herbs
cooking oil for frying

Peel and cut potatoes to desired shape and size. This time I just cut it to fries-size but you can also make wedges or spuds. Mix all the dry ingredients and sprinkle to the cut potatoes. Make sure that the potatoes are evenly coated. I usually put the potatoes in a large bowl and cover it with a flat plate then I shake it. Deep fry till golden brown. Make sure that your oil is roiling-hot before you dump the potatoes.

Tip: to save cooking oil, If you dont have a small fryer, use a sauce pan instead.. this way you can save on cooking oil and still be able to deep fry your patatoes..

Best with Tater's sour cream dip but you can use mayo-ketchup as well. Me, I like it even without any dips.



You can add chilli powder to this recipe and make Diablo Fries.

No comments: