Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ondoy's Wrath!!!!




It’s almost 20 hours of non-stop heavy rains here in Manila. I heard from the radio that 90% of Luzon, one of the 3 main islands of the Philippines, is heavily flooded. 23 provinces under a state of calamity!!! There’s no flooding this bad since the 90’s. Wow! When mother-nature gets angry, she really lets it all out!




Boo and I are supposed to go to a get-together today but when we reached Essensa it was flooded. I can’t believe it!!! a river here in the middle of Global City.. (No effffing way!!!)



This flood is unbelievable, whether big or small no vehicles can pass through. Small vehicles can’t pass and the big vehicles (SUVs) can’t overtake. (Well except from the 6x6 military vehicle) So we decided to turn around and head back to the house. Hey I love my friends but you should always think of your safety and your vehicle’s first.. Hehhehe.. It’s a good thing that the event was cancelled, flooded at the restaurant.



It’s really terrible; my nephew got stranded in school as well. They have a Science Club meeting today. (I can’t believe it, 11 year-olds have to go to school on a Saturday for a club meeting.. hmmm) . My sister’s vehicle is unable to get through the Aguinaldo highway. She said the water is waist-deep on the HIGHWAY! It’s already dark and we still don’t have news. Plus my other 4-year old nephew and his nanny are the only ones at their house. Haaayyy….



I just hope that the rains stop pouring, if it’s havoc here in Manila; I can’t imagine how bad it is in the provinces. Let’s pray that the rains will let up.



*** Image from PAGASA

No comments: