Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Unnecessary Pain




Last week I have a terrible.. terrible.. experience.

I have been putting off my dental appointment since May and I have paid for it dearly. I suffered from major toothache while I was brushing my teeth. I think I hit a nerve. Rating the intensity of pain from 1-10 being 10 as the excruciatingly painful it was a 9. It made labor pains a walk in the park.(Promise!) It was sooo painful to the point of thinking E.R. but I said to myself what will I say to the medical attendant when she/he asks me my emergency.. “aahh.. uhhmm tsakit tsakit po ipin ko” (I have a toothache). How ridiculous is that. Hehehehehe.. It was embarrassing and yet it was too painful. Imagine my dilemma in the middle of the night.... “to go or not to go” to the ER..

Good thing I have doctor-friends whom I can call 24/7. The doctor just recommended a strong pain killer to ease my discomfort so I can sleep and go to my dentist the next day. (Thank you Dr. Remy Tan-Bumanlag, my 24/7 call a friend and Dr. Chanette Tañada, my BFF dentist)

The thing is the only person to blame is me. I was so busy with work and then it kept on raining the past few weekends (and a lot more silly excuses hehhhe..) that made me reschedule and postpone my visit to the dentist. I hope this may serve as a lesson to you as well. No task is too trivial to be put off many times especially when it concerns your health and well-being :D Luckily for me, my tooth was still saved from endodontic therapy (root canal) or worst - tooth extraction.

Btw, Dr. Remy Tan-Bumanlag is a Pediatrist at St. Lukes Medical Center for more info on her clinic hours you can reach her at the ff info:

7230101 loc 6427
7270105 direct line
Clinic hours: MWF 9-12 nn

and Dr. Chanette Tañada’s mobile number is 09182552834. You can send her a message for an appointment.

***photo by J.C.

No comments: